Visit Toscolano Maderno
Toscolano Maderno is a town of about 8000 inhabitants located in the center of the western shore of Lake Garda.
It is part of the Alto Garda Bresciano regional park. Mount Pizzocolo is located in this municipality.
Toscolano and Maderno are two distinct centers, divided by the Toscolano torrent, which were autonomous municipalities until 1928.
A strong tourist attraction, it is a multifaceted town, known as the country of sport (mountain bike trails, sailing club of excellence, golf course, paragliding, etc.) and the town of beaches, about 2km of coastline equipped in several points and connected from a panoramic lakeside promenade, it offers numerous alternatives to the classic lake holiday.
To visit the strategic and important points from the landscape, historical and cultural point of view are:
- the valley of the paper mills
- the paper museum
- the excavations of the Roman villa of the nonii arrii
- the cathedral of the most holy Peter and Paul
- the church of the Madonna del Benaco
- the picturesque and fascinating Romanesque church of S. Ercolano
- the small port of Toscolano